FUSS-FREE & DELICIOUS ‘CHILLI BITES’(also called dhaltjies)
‘Chilli Bites’ is a snack that comes from South African Cape Malay heritage. We serve this dish as part of our starter menu, with our homemade Sweet Chili Sauce.
- 11/2 cups Chickpea flour
- ½ cup regular flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- ¼ tsp tumeric
- 1 tsp salt
- 1-2 tsp red chili chopped
- 1 large potato, coarsely grated
- 1 large onion, coarsely grated
- 2 handfuls finely chopped fresh coriander
- Sift all the dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the above.
- Mix in enough water to make a thick batter.
- Heat oil in a large fryer; add a heaped teaspoonful of this mix to the oil.
- Turn over when they are golden brown.
- Once the other side is golden brown, remove and drain on absorbent paper.
Serve hot with sweet chilli sauce
American football Ancient Egypt Arabic Arabic Language Bike Boat Building Cairo Camera Centre for Indian Culture Charity Children Craft Culture Dogs Egypt Egyptian architecture Gear Girl Happiness Jumping Kempinski Nile Hotel Lake Lifestyle Love Master Mock-up Motivation Mountains Movie Nature Notebook Office Parenting Pyramid Rwenzori Mountains National Park Stormtrooper Swimming Team Travel Trooper Uganda Watchers Wildlife of Uganda WORLD HINDI DAY